Rose Petal Vinegar
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
Allow at least a week for the rose petals to flavor the vinegar. Use red roses to get the best color.
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 2 cups (tightly packed) fragrant edible red rose petals
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- Push the rose petals into a clean 12- to 16-ounce glass bottle, using a chopstick to pack them down if necessary. Set a funnel into the top of the bottle.
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, warm the vinegar over moderate heat until hot to the touch. Pour the vinegar through the funnel into the bottle. Using a chopstick, push the petals down to disperse them in the vinegar. Allow the vinegar to cool to room temperature and then secure the lid or trim a cork to fit the top.
- Let the vinegar sit in a cool dark spot until bright red and fragrant, about 1 week. Strain the vinegar to remove the petals.
Make AheadThe vinegar will keep at room temperature for up to 6 months.