- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 cups vodka
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water (see Note)
- Ice cubes
- 24 edible rose petals (optional; see Note)
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Let cool, then stir in the vodka, lemon juice and rose water.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add one-fourth of the martini mixture and shake. Strain into 2 martini glasses, garnish with rose petals and serve. Repeat to make the remaining martinis.
Rose water is available at Middle Eastern and specialty shops. Quail Mountain Herbs grows edible rose petals; call 831-722-8456 for retailers.