Roquefort Bread Puddings
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 medium garlic cloves, mashed to a paste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sourdough bread, crusts removed, bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Generously butter four 4-ounce ramekins. Set the ramekins in a small roasting pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the garlic paste and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until just golden. Stir in the cream and Roquefort and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, gradually whisk the Roquefort cream into the eggs. Whisk in the 1/4 cup of scallions and the salt and pepper. Stir in the bread cubes and let stand until the cream is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon the bread pudding mixture into the ramekins. Add enough water to the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins and bake the bread puddings in the center of the oven for 25 minutes, or until they are set and golden. Transfer the ramekins to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Run a knife around the bread puddings, then turn them out onto plates. Garnish with the remaining scallions and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.