Root Vegetables with Gorgonzola
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 medium rutabaga (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large fennel bulb—halved, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a roasting pan, toss the rutabaga, potatoes, fennel, thyme and oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until tender. Discard the thyme.
- In a small skillet, boil the vinegar until reduced to 2 tablespoons, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the root vegetables and roast until melted. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.