- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 quarter-size slices of fresh ginger, lightly smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons loose rooibus tea
How to make this recipe
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pale rust colored, about 20 minutes. Strain the chai through a fine sieve and serve hot.
One Serving Calories 49 kcal, Total Fat 1.3 gm, Saturated Fat .8 gm.