- 1 medium tomato, halved crosswise and seeded
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarse dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the broiler and broil the tomato and bell pepper until the skins are charred. Transfer the pepper to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 5 minutes. Peel the vegetables and discard the charred skins, seeds and stem. Coarsely chop the tomato and pepper and add them to a food processor along with any accumulated juices.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the bread crumbs and remove from the heat. Scrape the mixture into the food processor and puree until smooth. Blend in the vinegar. Scrape the sauce into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.