- 3/4 cup blanched almonds
- 2 large thick slices country bread, crusts removed, bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 pound roma tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fruity Spanish olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast, shaking the pan occasionally. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the bread and vinegar in a bowl and soak about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the almonds to a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the vinegar-soaked bread, tomatoes, paprika, salt, and pepper and purée. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until a smooth sauce forms. Serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.