Romano Beans Braised with Garlic and Hot Pepper
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 pound Romano beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, rosemary and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the garlic is golden, about 30 seconds. Add the beans and water, cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are very tender, about 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a bowl. Discard the rosemary sprig and boil the water over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Add the beans back to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.