Romaine Lettuce and Cucumber Salad
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 cups bread cubes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large romaine lettuce heart, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. On a baking sheet, toss the bread cubes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and toast for about 10 minutes, stirring once, until golden. Let the croutons cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard with the balsamic vinegar. Gradually whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the romaine, cucumber and croutons, toss well and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.