- 8 medium zucchini (3 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Fresh ricotta, for serving
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Spread the diced zucchini on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for about 18 minutes, until the zucchini are browned around the edges. Sprinkle the zucchini with the crushed red pepper, cumin seeds and fennel seeds and roast until fragrant, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the zucchini to a bowl. Toss with the lemon juice and season with salt. Dollop the ricotta alongside the zucchini and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with the mint leaves and serve.
Feeley's roasted zucchini pairs incredibly well with a citrusy, lightly grassy Sauvignon Blanc, a grape variety that tends to bring out the character of fresh herbs.