- 4 medium carrots (3/4 pound), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 large parsnips (1 pound), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 1 medium head cauliflower (2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 small butternut squash (2 pounds)—peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 sage leaves
- 5 thyme sprigs
- Two 6-inch rosemary sprigs, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil, sage, thyme and rosemary and season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 55 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and golden. Scrape into a bowl and serve hot or at room temperature.
The vegetables can be chopped and refrigerated overnight.