Roasted Turkey with Muscat and Dried-Fruit Gravy
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 15 MIN Plus overnight soaking
- SERVINGS: 12 servings plus leftovers
"To make my turkey with Muscat and dried-fruit gravy, I start with the Classic Roasted Turkey recipe, then I tuck smoky bacon under the turkey skin to moisten and flavor the bird as it roasts," says Grace Parisi.
- 1 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup orange Muscat dessert wine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the dried fruits with the orange Muscat, cover and let stand overnight at room temperature.
- Follow the Classic Roasted Turkey recipe: In Step 1, loosen the breast skin, tuck the bacon slices under the skin to cover the breast before roasting. In Step 3, add the macerated dried fruits and any soaking liquid to the finished gravy; season with salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes before serving.
Notes The sweet notes in this gravy go with all of Thanksgiving's savory side dishes. Any leftover gravy would be terrific with pan-fried pork chops the next day.