- 1 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup orange Muscat dessert wine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine the dried fruits with the orange Muscat, cover and let stand overnight at room temperature.
- Follow the Classic Roasted Turkey recipe: In Step 1, loosen the breast skin, tuck the bacon slices under the skin to cover the breast before roasting. In Step 3, add the macerated dried fruits and any soaking liquid to the finished gravy; season with salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes before serving.
The sweet notes in this gravy go with all of Thanksgiving's savory side dishes. Any leftover gravy would be terrific with pan-fried pork chops the next day.