- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 400º. Toss the chickpeas with oil and 2 tablespoons Thai spice seasoning. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
The chickpeas can be roasted up to 1 day ahead. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Can be served at room temperature or briefly reheated, about 5 minutes at 400º.
Water is the enemy of crunch, so make sure you remove as much moisture as possible after rinsing the chickpeas. Use paper towels to remove any surface moisture, and if you have time, let them air-dry for 30 minutes before tossing with oil and baking.