Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Onions
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 small orange sweet potatoes (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the red onion, cover and cook over low heat, stirring a few times, until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Split the sweet potatoes, leaving them attached at the bottom. Season the insides with salt and pepper. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the garlicky yogurt into each potato, then fill with the caramelized onion. Serve, or gently close the sweet potatoes and wrap them in foil for packing.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.