Roasted Sunchokes with Buttery Bagna Cauda
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 side-dish or starter servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds young sunchokes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the sunchokes, cut side down, and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until the sunchokes are golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the anchovies, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over low heat until the anchovies are sizzling, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow bowl and keep warm.
- Spoon the sunchokes onto a platter. Garnish with the parsley and serve with the warm bagna cauda and lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.