- Two 2 1/2-pound butternut squash, preferably organic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Slice the squash crosswise 1 inch thick; scrape out any seeds. Lightly oil 2 baking sheets and arrange the squash slices on them. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until just tender.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil with the vinegar, onion, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the warm squash and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the squash on plates, sprinkle with the mint leaves and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.