- One 2-pound kabocha squash—scrubbed, halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup medium-grade bulgur (1 1/4 cups cooked)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a baking sheet, toss the squash with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a platter.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the bulgur until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
In a skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the bulgur and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden and crispy, about 12 minutes. Stir in the coriander seeds. Sprinkle the bulgur over the squash and garnish with the scallions.