Roasted Shrimp with Green Lentil, Sun-Dried Tomato and Mint Salad
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 small celery rib, finely diced
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup French green lentils, rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sun-dried tomato halves (not oil-packed)
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, carrot and celery and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the water, lentils and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring a few times, until the lentils are tender, about 25 minutes. Set a colander over a large bowl and drain the lentils; transfer the cooking liquid to a cup. Discard the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool, then cut into 1/4-inch dice.
- In the large bowl, mix the mint with the vinegar, honey and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Stir in the lentils and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in 2 tablespoons of the reserved lentil cooking liquid; add more of the liquid if the lentils seem dry.
- In a 9-inch square baking dish, toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the shrimp in the baking dish and roast for about 6 minutes, or until just cooked. Mound the lentil salad on plates, top with the shrimp and drizzle the roasting juices over them.
NotesOne Serving 438 cal, 17 gm fat, 2.6 gm saturated fat, 35 gm carb, 16 gm fiber.