- 4 pounds large sea scallops, cut in half horizontally
- 4 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chervil leaves or 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 10 thin lemon slices, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- Miami Tartar Sauce
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, toss the seafood with 1/2 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut five 18-inch-long sheets of parchment paper and lay them on a work surface. Arrange the scallops and shrimp on one half of each parchment square in slightly overlapping rows, leaving a 3-inch border at the edges. Drizzle with olive oil, scatter the chervil on the seafood and lay the lemon slices on top.
- Fold the parchment over the seafood and fold the 3 open edges of each package up to seal in the juices. Carefully slide each package, seam side up, into the bottom of a paper bag. Tightly roll down the top of each bag; staple shut.
- Set the bags upright on 2 large baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes, shifting the pans halfway through for even cooking. Transfer the bags to serving trays. With scissors, cut the top off each bag to reveal the packet. Carefully unfold the packets. Drizzle with additional olive oil and serve hot, with lemon wedges and Miami Tartar Sauce.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 3 and refrigerated for 6 hours. Bring to room temperature before roasting.
The strong flavors of capers, shallots and tartar sauce suggest a crisp, fruity Sauvignon Blanc from South Africa or California.