© Dana Gallagher
Roasted Salmon with Spaghetti-Squash Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- One 3 1/2-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red chile, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless center-cut salmon fillet, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 large kirby cucumbers—halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into thin half moons
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint
- Preheat the oven to 500°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the squash until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the 2 tablespoons of oil with the lime and orange juices, garlic, chile and orange and lime zests. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully transfer the squash halves to a large bowl and let cool. Using a fork and starting at 1 end of each piece of squash, scrape up and separate the strands. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread the salmon slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the salmon for about 3 minutes, or until barely cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumbers, mint and dressing with the squash strands. Mound the salad on plates, top with the salmon and serve.
NotesOne Serving 497 calories, 27.6 gm total fat, 4.7 gm saturated fat, 28 gm carb.