- 1 1/2 pounds rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 1/2 pounds turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 3 Fuyu persimmons, cut into 1-inch dice
- One 3-ounce head of frisée, torn
- 2 Belgian endives, cored and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the rutabagas, parsnips, turnips and carrots with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Spread in an even layer and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, or until just tender. Let cool.
- In a small skillet, heat the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until starting to brown, 6 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Stir in the wine, vinegar and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the roasted vegetables, persimmons, frisée and endives to the dressing and toss well. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve.