Roasted Red Peppers with Tonnato Sauce
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 first-course servings
Tonnato saucea smooth puree of olive oilpacked tuna, mayonnaise, capers and anchoviesis traditionally served in Piedmont with slices of roasted veal. Chef Andrew Feinberg spoons the sauce onto a plate then tops it with a layer of wood ovenroasted peppers.
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Two 6-ounce cans Italian tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons small capers, drained
- 16 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Rub the peppers with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and grill until charred all over and softened, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Peel, quarter and seed the peppers.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the mayonnaise, tuna, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of the capers and 8 of the anchovies. Puree until the tonnato sauce is smooth.
- Spread the tonnato sauce on a large platter and arrange the roasted peppers on top. Garnish with the remaining 2 teaspoons of capers and 8 anchovies. Season lightly with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Garnish with the parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.