© Helene Dujardin
Roasted Red Pepper Tartar Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Grace Parisi's version of tartar sauce is creamy and lemony, with roasted bell peppers and cornichons for delicious hits of sweet and salty flavors. To add smokiness, she sometimes substitutes jarred piquillo peppers for the bell peppers.
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cornichons
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pat the roasted peppers dry and finely chop. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the cornichons, capers, tarragon, lemon zest and juice and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Make Ahead The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve With Fish, shellfish, chicken, lamb, steak, burgers.