- One 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 whole roasted red peppers, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
How to make this recipe
- Add the chickpeas, 2 whole roasted red peppers and all the remaining ingredients except the water to a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until everything is combined and then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the hummus is a smooth, thick and spreadable consistency. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Thinly slice the remaining half a roasted red pepper and use as a garnish.
Hummus can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in a covered container in your fridge or frozen for up to 1 month.
Crackers, bread, or veggies.