© Miki Duisterhof
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
You can make this creamy dip more quickly by substituting 2/3 cup of drained jarred roasted red peppers or smoky jarred roasted piquillo peppers.
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roast the peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 20 minutes. Discard the skins, cores and seeds. Pat the peppers dry and finely chop them.
- In a skillet, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the peppers and vinegar and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until dry, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Stir in the sour cream and basil and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled.
Make Ahead The dip can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Serve With Plain or black pepper breadsticks and thick-cut potato chips.