- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Roast the peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 20 minutes. Discard the skins, cores and seeds. Pat the peppers dry and finely chop them.
- In a skillet, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the peppers and vinegar and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until dry, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Stir in the sour cream and basil and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled.
The dip can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Plain or black pepper breadsticks and thick-cut potato chips.