Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Dip
- SERVINGS: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
Roasted sweet red peppers complement the tangy goat cheese in this smooth and creamy dip. Serve it with vegetables, toasted brioche, breadsticks or pita crisps.
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 11 ounces mild goat cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-parsley
- Roast the bell peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning, until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic and let steam for 20 minutes. Peel the peppers, discarding the peels, cores, ribs and seeds.
- Transfer the peppers to a food processor or blender and process until finely chopped; set aside 1/2 cup. Add the goat cheese and cream cheese to the processor and puree until smooth. With the machine on, add the cream and process until combined. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the reserved chopped peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Make Ahead The dip can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Allow to return to room temperature.