- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 pound carrots, cut crosswise on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish, combine the oil, butter and curry paste. Add the carrots, ginger and garlic, season with salt and toss to coat the carrots. Add the water and cover the dish tightly with foil. Roast the carrots for 30 minutes, or until just tender. Remove the foil and roast for 10 minutes longer, or until the carrots are browned in spots and the liquid in the dish has evaporated. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The roasted carrots can be refrigerated overnight.