© John Kernick
Roasted Radishes with Radish Greens
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Gerard Craft came up with this clever recipe one year when his local farmer had an abundance of radishes. Craft tried roasting them. The result: warm, crisp-tender radishes with delightfully bitter greens, which he finishes with butter and lemon.
- 3 bunches small radishes with greens attached
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Trim the radishes and wash the greens; pat dry.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the radishes, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the radishes for 15 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Return the skillet to the burner and stir in the butter to coat the radishes. Add the radish greens and cook over moderate heat until they are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season with salt. Serve the radishes right away.