Roasted Poblano-Tomato Salsa with Marjoram
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes twelve 1/4-cup servings
- 2 poblano chiles
- One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small pickled jalapeño, stemmed
- Roast the poblanos directly over a gas flame, turning, until charred all over. Transfer the chiles to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 minutes.
- Peel, core and seed the chiles and transfer to a blender. Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, marjoram, cumin, sugar and jalapeño to the blender and puree until smooth. Season the salsa with salt and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.