- 2 poblano chiles
- One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small pickled jalapeño, stemmed
How to make this recipe
Roast the poblanos directly over a gas flame, turning, until charred all over. Transfer the chiles to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 minutes.
Peel, core and seed the chiles and transfer to a blender. Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, marjoram, cumin, sugar and jalapeño to the blender and puree until smooth. Season the salsa with salt and serve.
The poblanotomato salsa can be refrigerated overnight.
One Serving 23 cal, 0 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 4 gm carb, 1.3 gm fiber.