- 1 pound peeled and cored fresh pineapple, cut into 3/4-inch chunks (2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Hass avocados, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 ounces cleaned baby spinach (4 cups)
- 12 mint leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, toss the pineapple with the brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spread the pineapple on a baking sheet and roast in the upper third of the oven for about 10 minutes, or until softened and just beginning to brown.
In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar. Add the avocados, spinach and mint, season with salt and pepper and toss. Transfer the salad to plates, top with the pineapple and serve with lime wedges.
One Serving 270 calories, 20.9 gm total fat, 3.1 gm saturated fat, 23 gm carb.