- 42 thin slices pancetta (about 1 1/4 pounds) or 21 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 7 Fuyu persimmons, peeled, each persimmon cut into 6 wedges
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Balsamic vinegar, preferably aged at least 10 years
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Lay the pancetta on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 3 minutes, or until softened. Transfer the pancetta to a large plate. Wipe off the baking sheets.
- Season the persimmons with salt and pepper and wrap each wedge with a slice of pancetta. Secure with toothpicks. Arrange the persimmons on the baking sheets. Bake 1 sheet at a time in the center of the oven for 4 minutes, or until the pancetta is crisp. Transfer to a platter, drizzle with the vinegar and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.