© Quentin Bacon
Roasted Peppers with Preserved Lemon and Capers
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR plus overnight marinating
- SERVINGS: 8
Allow time for overnight marinating.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 4 yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup drained small capers
- 1/2 small preserved lemon (see Note), flesh discarded, rind julienned
- Preheat the broiler. Roast the bell peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning, until charred all over. Transfer the peppers to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes. Peel the peppers, discarding the cores and seeds. Cut the peppers into 2/3-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, mix the pepper strips with the olive oil, capers and preserved lemon and season them lightly with salt. Refrigerate the peppers overnight. Serve the roasted peppers lightly chilled or at room temperature.
Make AheadThe prepared peppers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
NotesPreserved lemons are available at specialty food stores and by mail order from Kalustyan's (800-352-3451).