Roasted Peppers Stuffed with Tuna and Capers
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 HORS D'OEUVRE SERVINGS
Instead of serving a whole stuffed pepper per person, which would be too daunting for an hors d'oeuvre, Giorgio Rivetti makes petite portions by cutting the peppers in half and wrapping them around the tuna stuffing.
Fast Hors d'Oeuvres
- 8 medium red and yellow bell peppers
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Two 6-ounce cans Italian tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Put the bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast in the upper third of the oven until charred all over and just tender. Let cool slightly, then peel, halve, core and seed them.
- In a medium bowl, blend the mayonnaise with the anchovies, capers, parsley and vinegar. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the tuna. Season the stuffing with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pepper halves, skinned side down, on a work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons of the tuna on each one and roll up. Transfer the pepper rolls to a platter, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Make AheadThe recipe can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated overnight. Stuff the peppers with the tuna mixture just before serving.