- 8 medium red and yellow bell peppers
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Two 6-ounce cans Italian tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Put the bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast in the upper third of the oven until charred all over and just tender. Let cool slightly, then peel, halve, core and seed them.
- In a medium bowl, blend the mayonnaise with the anchovies, capers, parsley and vinegar. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the tuna. Season the stuffing with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pepper halves, skinned side down, on a work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons of the tuna on each one and roll up. Transfer the pepper rolls to a platter, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated overnight. Stuff the peppers with the tuna mixture just before serving.