Roasted Pepper and Garlic Puree Toasts
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 8
With only three main ingredients, this recipe proves that it doesn't take much to make a wonderful snack or hors d'oeuvre. The trick is to use ingredients with deep, concentrated flavor like the roasted peppers and garlic here, and to use the most delicious olive oil in your pantry.
- 5 red, orange or yellow bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Four 3/4-inch-thick slices of rustic or sourdough boule (12 ounces), cut in half on the diagonal and toasted
- Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, brush the peppers and garlic all over with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt. Roast for about 30 minutes, until softened and browned in spots. Transfer the peppers and garlic to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam until cooled, about 30 minutes; peel the garlic.
- Peel, stem and seed the peppers. In a food processor, combine the roasted peppers with the roasted garlic and puree until smooth. With the machine on, gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil until incorporated. Season the puree with salt. Spread the pepper puree on the toasts, garnish with parsley and serve.