- 4 firm-ripe Bartlett pears
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 6 dried figs, quartered lengthwise
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Halve the pears lengthwise and core them, then cut each half lengthwise into 3 wedges.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet, cook the granulated sugar, apple juice and butter over moderate heat until the butter melts. Stir in the cinnamon and allspice. Stir in the pears and figs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pears to the oven and roast for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the vanilla and superfine sugar. Spoon the compote on plates. Serve warm or at room temperature with the yogurt sauce.
One Serving Calories 350 kcal, Total Fat 5.0 gm, Saturated Fat 2.6 gm, Protein 5 gm, Carbohydrates 77 gm.