- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch matchsticks
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium baking dish, combine the parsnips with the thyme, rosemary, butter and water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast for 25 minutes, until just tender. Uncover and roast for about 25 minutes longer, until the water has evaporated and the parsnips are browned in spots. Discard the herb sprigs. Transfer the parsnips to a bowl and garnish with the scallion.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.