- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted roasted sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium baking dish, combine the parsnips with the butter and water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast for 25 minutes, until just tender. Uncover and roast for about 25 minutes longer, until the water has evaporated and the parsnips are browned in spots. Transfer the parsnips to a bowl and garnish with the scallion and sunflower seeds.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.