- 4 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-by-1/2-inch batons
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Rich Turkey Stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated horseradish or drained bottled horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large roasting pan, toss the parsnips with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the Rich Turkey Stock, cover with aluminum foil and roast, stirring once or twice, until the parsnips are tender and the stock has evaporated, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the softened butter with the horseradish, parsley, chives and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Toss the warm roasted parsnips with the horseradish-herb butter and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.