- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch by 3-inch matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium baking dish, combine the parsnips with the butter and water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast until just tender, about 25 minutes.
Uncover and roast until the liquid is evaporated and the parsnips are browned in spots, about 25 minutes longer.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parsley, thyme and scallion.