Roasted Parsnips with Chopped Herbs
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch by 3-inch matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium baking dish, combine the parsnips with the butter and water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast until just tender, about 25 minutes.
- Uncover and roast until the liquid is evaporated and the parsnips are browned in spots, about 25 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parsley, thyme and scallion.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.