- 2 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed mushrooms—such as white, cremini and shiitake—large caps quartered
- 10 small shallots, peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon roasted black sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil with the garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Spread the mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with the garlic–sesame oil mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt. Roast the mushrooms for about 30 minutes, until tender and glazed.
Meanwhile, on a second large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the shallots with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and roast for about 25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and tender.
Scrape the roasted mushrooms and shallots into a serving bowl. Add the mint, parsley, dill and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Serve hot or warm.
The roasted mushrooms and shallots can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 hours. Reheat in a 400° oven before serving.