- 3 lemons, quartered lengthwise, plus 6 wheels for garnish
- 3 fresh bay leaves, plus 6 more for garnish
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons club soda
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small roasting pan, roast the lemon quarters with the 3 bay leaves for about 20 minutes, until the lemons are softened and browned in spots. Scrape the lemons, bay leaves and any pan juices into a large pitcher. Add the sugar, water and vodka and muddle with the lemons. Let cool completely, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Strain the lemonade through a fine sieve into 6 ice-filled glasses. Top each drink with 3 tablespoons of the club soda and garnish with a lemon wheel and bay leaf.
The strained hard lemonade can be refrigerated overnight.