- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 6 very fresh leeks, white and light green parts only, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a small bowl, blend the yogurt with the lemon zest, marjoram and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread the walnuts in a small cake pan and toast in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, until browned and fragrant. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spread the leeks on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper; rub to coat the leeks thoroughly. Roast for about 20 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the leeks are tender, golden and crispy in spots.
- Transfer the leeks to a platter or plates. Coarsely chop half of the walnuts. Using a Microplane, finely shave the rest of the walnuts over the leeks. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with the yogurt sauce.
Refrigerate the yogurt sauce for up to 2 days.