- 4 medium leeks, dark green tops discarded, white and light green parts halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Brush the leeks with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place cut side down in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the dish, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes until tender. Uncover and continue roasting the leeks for 10 minutes until caramelized. Let cool slightly, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- Clean out the baking dish and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the roasted leeks with the cannellini beans, garlic, lemon zest, chicken broth and 1/4 cup parsley and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the leek-and-bean mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the Gruyère cheese and bake for 15 minutes, until bubbly around the edges and browned on top. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.