- 3 pounds kabocha squash—peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 6 thyme sprigs, plus thyme leaves for garnish
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash wedges with the maple syrup, olive oil, ginger, thyme sprigs and salt. Arrange the squash in a single layer and roast for 15 minutes. Flip and roast for 15 minutes longer, until golden and tender. Discard the thyme sprigs. Transfer the squash to a serving platter and garnish with thyme leaves.
The squash can be made up to 6 hours ahead.