- 1 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped arugula leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marjoram
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Six 6-ounce skinless halibut or cod fillets
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, toss the bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic and the wine. Spread the crumbs on a pie plate and toast for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of oil with the parsley, arugula, marjoram, oregano, vinegar and the remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic. Season the herb sauce with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish. Arrange the halibut fillets in the dish, season with salt and pepper and roast for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the fish with the toasted bread crumbs and bake for about 8 minutes longer, or until the fish is cooked through. Transfer the fish to plates, drizzle with the herb sauce and serve.
The sauce can be refrigerated for several hours.
Match this simple, mild fish with a light, fresh and fruity white from Italy.