- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, preferably olio novello or olio nuovo
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- Eight 3/4-inch slices of ciabatta
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with the garlic, crushed red pepper and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes, until they burst and their skins begin to shrivel, stirring once halfway through.
- Pour the remaining 2/3 cup of olive oil into a medium bowl. Crush the rosemary and oregano between your fingers and submerge them in the oil. Add the tomatoes and their juices, stir gently and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°. Arrange the ciabatta on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes, or until crisp. Spoon the tomatoes and some of the infused oil over the ciabatta, sprinkle with salt and serve.
The infused oil can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.