Roasted-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
Tanya Holland spikes her mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and Tabasco, so they're a little spicy and deeply flavorful.
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Mashed Roasted Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, uncovered, until tender, 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Cook over low heat, gently tossing, until the potatoes are dry, 2 minutes.
- Add the butter, cream and roasted garlic to the potatoes and mash over low heat until creamy and heated through. Add the Tabasco and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a bowl, garnish with the parsley and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.